1.03.2016

goals goals goals.

These last few months have been ones filled with unbalance. I feel like everything is on one extreme or the other with too many deep ruts in between. I've stayed too busy and slept too little. That pretty much sums it up.

Yes, I'll have busy days and yes I can't really control the sleeping thing with a baby that doesn't enjoy sleeping at night... but I can do what I can do. Part of that is learning to balance things out a bit, not say yes to everything, and to simplify my life.

Every once in a while I have found that at least attempting to re-center and set some goals helps me to... feel better I guess.

And now that Calvin has hit 8 months I think it's about time. That and the excitement that the New Year brings.

Let's do this. Accomplishments I'd like to see happen in 2016.
  1. √ Run For Your Life... a yearly ritual where I run 150 miles in 2.5 months to become an intramural champion. 
  2. Run a marathon... I've decided that this summer is probably the summer to do it. I'm not planning on being pregnant, Todd will be between schools. Unfortunately we have no idea where we'll be all summer so where this marathon is going to happen is pending.
  3. √ Kick those last 15 pregnancy pounds to the curb. They've been lingering for a few months now and quite honestly they've overstayed their welcome. It's time. (said in Rafiki's voice)
  4. Master the art of bisque. The other day I went through my cookbooks and tagged any recipes that I'd like to try (my attempt to throw out a bunch of them before we move) and I found a lobster bisque recipe that looked pretty good. I've never even consumed the stuff but it must be good if Studio C is cracking jokes about it.
  5. √ Master the art of pie crusts... grrr. dang pie crusts. I've got the flaky thing down but man... they're always so ugly haha. I know they don't have to look good to taste good but I'd like to figure it out. 
          (Did anyone else just notice the transition in these goals? Haha from running to losing weight             to making bisque and pie. Oh dear.)

       6. √ Read the Book of Mormon with Todd. Fortunately we've already gotten into a pretty good habit of reading scriptures together before those two turns of the lamp switch. This year though I'd love to read the whole thing as a couple.

That'll do for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment