5.19.2011

a little thought.

Recently I have been trying to become a more well-rounded person. And really it's funny to me that I'm doing this now. You'd think I would have tried a little harder while in the dating scene... ya know, to catch the eye of a splendid fellow. But I didn't... and lucked out big time.


Now, I haven't done a ton of things to get "rounder" because quite honestly there are lots of things that could potentially make up a well-rounded person. But, since my future has "mom" written all over it, I will use my idea of a well-rounded mom [in Mormon culture of course] as an example. She would look like this... cooks very well [when there's time for it], jogs with a stroller, finds time for occasional casual reading, has typical but almost perfect children that adore her, owns and uses a wheat grinder, and looks awesome in an apron. 


Being a well-rounded individual is pretty important to me, and I've realized it's a personal thing that takes a lot of personal effort. We don't just become well-rounded. But of course others can assist and inspire well-roundedness. And that's where my couple of ounces of well-roundedness comes from. Since being with Todd, he has definitely helped me be a more well-rounded individual... and not necessarily in the ways that I mentioned... although what I did mention is a little of what I'd like to become someday. Because of Todd I do things like... wear a watch. I keep our room and apartment clean. I've run into a new kind of confidence. I've found a new and exciting drive to learn more and more about my major. I like to try new things, even though the opportunities have been scarce. A lot of new stuff... but I'm totally okay with that. Heck, I just got married... if that's not trying something new then I don't know what is! Anyways, some of these make sense to me, others don't, and really they sound a little silly. But because of these little things, I feel more... round. 

1 comment: