1.07.2012

Californ-yuh

This week I had the last first day of school... that I'll ever experience! It hasn't quite hit me yet and I'm sure it wont until I'm walking across the stage in my cap'n'gown. Anyways, I'm hoping that this semester isn't too hard... yet again I might just disapear for another three months. But before I do, here's a little somethin' about our little adventure to northern CA over Christmas break...

After we left Pocatello we drove to Jerome to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Todd's family. We also got to take a trip to the Twin Falls temple to do a session.



One of my favorite parts about going to Todd's house during Christmas time is seeing all of his mom's old decorations... this one is definitely my favorite. (:


The day after Christmas we got up extra early and drove to northern California... we visited family for a few days and spent a day in San Francisco.

Here we are at the "beach" in San Fran... apparently it was nicer than a summer's day.



Alamo park- everywhere you look, everywhere you look... 


Downtown SF




Eating at The Cheesecake Factory on top of Macys.


The food was nothing less than delicious... not to mention the cheesecake.


The Nutcracker! The theater was beautiful and the show was very well done.


The next day we picked oranges... in December... I do enjoy CA weather very much.





After a few days with Todd's family we ran off to Todd's hometown of Linden, CA with a stop to Sacramento to go to the Sacramento Temple...



and to watch the Jimmer show...


Here are the boys... mighty fine company, I might add... not during a play of course because not a human on this earth can keep the attention of a Hall man if the clock is running ;)



Practicing those three-pointers/making his free throws... something the King's seem to struggle with. 


After our Sacramento day-trip we spent the rest of our time in Linden visiting old friends. It was a lot of fun finally meeting the people that I've been hearing about for 2 years.

Here we are eating Chinese food from Rinaldi's... the Italian grocery store, go figure, it was delicious.


At the Waterloo Club w/ old friends, one of them thought it would be funny to purchase Todd a non-alcoholic beer... don't worry, it's smell kept us far from drinking it.


No matter where you go you have to drive for at least 10 minutes... through orchards. Linden probably has more trees than the state of Utah and possibly ID combined.



Overall the trip was loads of fun and much needed... I hadn't left UT/ID since high school! And now we are back in happy valley working on our last semester of college, hoping to soon leave Provo again for good. Let's hope I don't have to eat my words...

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun! I love the Hall family and now you're included in that.

    (San Francisco is where we got engaged, I'm excited to go back and visit)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two were a big part of the fun for us on that trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had fun. We enjoyed having you with us. King has already promised to buy me a beer on our next trip.

    ReplyDelete