8.06.2013

I just really like cake, okay!

It's confession time.

I am a devote cake eater.

Mmm! I just love it so much!

Really I am a pretty loyal treat eater in general. Like I eat too many treats, simple as that. Some days I even have multiple treats. I know I know... "But Katelyn, you studied Exercise & Wellness and Nutrition! How can you not have some self control woman?" Well... I don't know... maybe because my brain studied those things... not my taste buds. Maybe? Haha lame reason. Totally lame. Truth is I actually eat quite healthy otherwise, so having a treat every night isn't as bad as it could be. Heck, I could be havin' a glass of hydrogenated oil with my pound of bacon sprinkled donuts for breakfast and lickin' the grills clean at McDonald's for lunch every day! But I don't... therefore I feel okay about eating cake.

So again I say... I just love it so much!

And why shouldn't I?? It's delicious!

Here comes the true confession.

You see... last night Todd made me [I like to pretend that he made it ALL for me] a chocolate sheet cake. It was one of those tasty put-the-frosting-on-while-it's-still-hot sheet cakes. Once the cake had cooled off on the cooling rack... in the dining room... under the fan [just to speed things up haha] we finally got to eat some of it. Now, when it comes to eating treats at our house I try to let Todd serve up first. That way I can see how big of a piece he gets. If I go first and take a big piece I just plain look like a chubber. But if I wait for Todd and his slender self to take a big piece first then I don't feel so lumpy about taking a big piece too. Haha am I the only one that does this?? I hope not... cause it's an awesome strategy!

So. Tonight we served up some more cake, got our glasses of milk, and enjoyed some quite cake-eating time. Todd finished his just before I did and due to biking home from work/sanding wood for our table he saw great need to shower his bodice. Hmm. I feel like bodice is a female exclusive word. Haha anyway. Before going to wash up he put his plate in the sink and I let out [in?] a big ol' sigh of relief in my mind that he didn't take my plate too... because um hello I was going to eat more cake! Aaaaand then of course he didn't surprise me [because he's very thoughtful] and he came back to take my plate to the no-more-cake-for-Katelyn stainless steel prison of sogginess. Bahh!

In my head I'm all like acting out a hostage situation.... "STOP!!! I WANT MORE CAKE!! Please! ahh don't rinse the plate! I can still use it if you don't get it all wet!! Please!"

On the outside I just smiled and said thank you.

Then Todd walked down the hall into the bathroom and did his cleaning up duties.

And what do I do? I wait for the shower to turn on and I hop up to check if my plate was wet, of course!

But let's be real, Todd was in the shower... I didn't need a plate! Pshhh plates are for people with manners and cake-eating self control.

And yep, I ate another piece of cake. Straight out of the pan. While Todd was in the shower. It was delicious. He hasn't noticed yet... but he's going to read this and be all like... "Hey!"

the end.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guilty of doing the same! On all accounts...the having him serve it up first and eating after he leaves. Made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete