As I was carpooling back from institute with the lovely Hannah a week or so ago we somehow started talking about how Todd and I hadn't been out on a date without our child since April. Being a mother of four and being much better at going out with her husband regularly, Hannah offered to take Peter for the evening so Todd and I could hit the town. Well, it didn't take me long to say, YES PLEASE. So first off, thank you so much Hannah (and boys) for watching Peter for us, you're awesome!
Since Todd was tentatively going golfing that weekend I thought he would appreciate going to the driving range to shake off some dust beforehand. He hasn't been since before we got married... and I'm not particularly a golfer... sooooo if you're going and need some company, give Todd a call, ya? (:
We went to Verona Meadows on PD and had a great time hitting the heck out of a medium bucket o' balls. That is... Todd hit the heck out of them. I was apparently playing croquet haha and I just couldn't get the dang golf balls off the ground! Luckily after seeing me in my pitiful state Todd hooked me up with one of the fancy driver guys and I was able to send a few sailing. It was pretty cool, I'll admit. Thanks to my awesome coach, of course. (: Todd is really good at golf, guys. He totally knows what's going on and had all sorts of fancy drills and things to help my swing. (:
I also learned all sorts of new lingo... pit pinching, worm burner, and other things that I didn't totally understand haha.
Here's Todd lookin' like a pro. Minus the fancy pants, polo, and visor.
How's my stance?? Can you tell I'm using manly 6'3" clubs?
We made a little wager with our last shots... farthest hit wins, loser buys dinner. I didn't hit a worm burner but man... I don't think beating Todd on a drive-off should even be in my hopes and dreams. He knocked that thing like 250 yards! I maybe made it 125... maybe. Needless to say my gentleman of a husband bought dinner anyway. We had a great time and I'm already looking forward to our next trip to the driving range. Thanks for a great time, m'dear!



No comments:
Post a Comment