1.25.2015

2015 goals and things.

Another new year is here. Fresh out of the oven. Only 25 days old! Okay so I started writing this post on like January 2nd when the year was a lot younger... and then I just kinda sorta got busy with life stuff. Anyhow... it's still a new year! And it's aching for some new and renewed goals to be accomplished. This year we are in for some great times... busy and probably stressful times... but still very great. Here are some of my personal (and more measurable) goals to accompany and enhance these great times. Like how cream cheese and crackers enhance cranberry jalapeno jam. Yum.
  1. Read a lot more books than last year. If only I could count the two I breezed through over Christmas break.
  2. Start and finish a new journal. No more of this take-two-years-to-fill-a-journal business. Granted I haven't finished the old one yet... and we all know what having a baby does to journal writing, right? I'll do what I can.
  3. Donate all of the hairs!!... well 10 inches of it.
  4. Send some monthly love to twelve special somebodies via USPS.
  5. Run For Your Life!
  6. Have a baby and get that all figured out... without worrying too much about accomplishing too many other things.
  7. Set a PR or two... post-baby of course.
  8. Make another quilt. Just a little one. (: p.s. this goal is a huge maybe... I need a reason to make it! And by "reason" I really mean I need someone out there to have an adorable little baby first. 
  9. Take a swimming class with Peter. The kid goes nuts at the pool and needs to know how to swim if he's going to be so excited and un-tame-able around water.
I've noticed that my goals are starting to look the same year after year. Fortunately, as I mentioned, these are pretty measurable goals so whether or not I accomplish them is pretty black and white. And really... through them all I feel like I'm developing talents and skills that will ultimately help me be a better wife and mother. And that's something I just really really want to be good at.

p.s. I already "cheated" and got a jump start on goal #6 back in August... 16 more weeks until Mr. #2 joins our family! He is a mover and a shaker, folks. He must sense his older brother's energy levels and feel the need to keep up or something. 


Check out that snowfall! ;) Definitely way way different that our last two winters in Wisconsin. No complaints here though... especially since we are garage-less.

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! But, what is run for your life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy!! I'm glad you asked. (: It's part of BYU Intramurals. Basically you sign up at the beginning of the semester and commit to running 150 miles (or the biking/swimming equivalent of) in three months. If you finish you're an intramural champion and you get the champion shirt and everything! I love it!

      Delete