2.15.2015

our sweet Valentine's.

Valentine's Day was beyond sweet for us this year. We have seriously spent the entire weekend enjoying tasty treats... and we still are. It has all been so delicious but we are for reals ready to go on like a 2-day sugar cleanse. Ugh, it's gonna be rough.

The sweets are started Friday morning... with my glucose tolerance test. 50 grams of sugar in 5 minutes. It actually didn't taste that bad but I haven't gotten the results yet. So at least drinking it was sorta enjoyable I guess.

That day we enjoyed grandma's sugar cookies, more sugar cookies at the Wymount party, malasadas from the food truck down the road, and a soda bar at a surprise birthday party. I'm pretty sure I consumed about 3000 grams of sugar. And Saturday morning I felt it. Oh man. 

Fortunately Todd was on campus all morning so I didn't have to worry about feeling obligated to spoil him on Valentine's Day. We took it nice and easy... especially since late Saturday morning was the MBASA Valentine's Party and we had Death by Chocolate that night! So. much. sugar. Why does it have to taste so good?? And why do we, as Americans, have to be so obsessed with it?! (and by "it" I suppose I am mostly referring to corn syrup haha)

Anyway... here are some photos of our sweet weekend.


Sugar cookie #1 (of the weekend)


Sugar cookie #2


Sorry... a little graphic.



Sugar cookie #3... isn't my date to the MBASA party so handsome?

And.

We all know what happens when we eat too much sugar...


... we just go a little crazy. And whimper all night with a stomach ache. And wake up with sugar hives.

I suppose little boys (who inherit a love for sweet from both parents) will be little boys.

And that wasn't even half of our weekend. Death by Chocolate post coming shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment