8.23.2015

a weekend in Eden.

You can always count on Utah for having cities and towns named after people and places in the scriptures. Nephi, Lehi, Manti, Bountiful, Hyrum, all of the Jordans, and Eden. What's that you say? You've never heard of Eden, Utah? Neither had I until my mom called up and said she had booked a condo for a few days for some r&r before school starts up again. I'll admit... I was nervous. Especially after an incoming MBA family said there was nothing to do there. Turns out there's totally stuff to do! You just have to be there at the right time...

This last weekend was the right time.

It was the Ogden Valley Balloon Festival! 


p.s. sorry for the fuzzy photos... not sure what the deal is but whatev.



I haven't been to a mass hot air balloon launch since I was little... so little that I have vague memories of the experience. It was way fun seeing all of the balloons go up and watching them dip in and out of the trees around the valley.





We visited the festival a few different times including at night when they do the "balloon glow" where they fire up the balloons with music and it looks pretty cool.

We also hit up a BBQ place that was... so good. Like soooo good guys.

Huntsville Barbecue Co.

If you're ever up Ogden Canyon you definitely need to check this place out and eat outside in their yard/farm-esque area. Way fun. Way yummy... that's all you need, right?


Other activities included swimming...


creature adventuring aka hiking...


and probably the craziest... razoring (?) I think it was called a razor. Oh wait it's right there in the picture... RZR.



It was nuts. Like Brennan would see a hill perpendicular to the one we were currently on and say, "Let's go!" And we'd drive up the hill. Hill isn't a scary enough word. How about cliff. No... death wish. Yes. We were driving up our death wish.


This hill does not do this hill justice.


In the end it was way fun and we got nice and dirty and worn out. 

After a few days of fun we were tired and ready to head home. And so we did.

Thank you mommas for planning such a fun weekend! You truly spoiled us and we loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment