Since Todd and I would be having a date night out that evening I thought it would be fun to have a "date day in" with Peter and Calvin. And so a date day in we had!
We started the morning just like we start every other morning... cartoons and breakfast at 6am. At least I'm pretty sure that's what happens. Daddy is up already and takes care of all of that. I usually join the party with Mr. Calvin around 7:30 depending on how well Calvin slept. Anyhow...
Our first activity of the day was a little baking fun. Todd and I needed to take a treat on our date so Peter helped me make s'more bars. He was a great helper and I love that he always wants to be a helper in the kitchen. He even wanted to help me over watching Wild Kratts. Now that's a complement! On that note... we watch one of Peter's friends everyday for a few hours and everyday without fail they have the conversation about where their mommies are and that I'm Peter's mommy, etc. Today Peter said, "This is my mommy, she is my friend!"
My heart! He likes me!
So yeah we made those s'more bars together because we're friends... and they turned out great!
While our bars was cooling we went on a run. We saw the usual horsies, puppies, birdies... and the garbage truck! Always a treat. (:
It flew a few circles around us then made it's landing. The kids got to look inside and sit in the seats until it had to leave on another rescue mission. (We're all about "to the rescue" at our house right now thanks to Wild Kratts and Superman.)
Let's be honest... he just likes to help so he can lick all of the spoons.
While our bars was cooling we went on a run. We saw the usual horsies, puppies, birdies... and the garbage truck! Always a treat. (:
Later on after nap time we played with friends at the park and went down to the safety fair to watch a helicopter land on the softball field. Last year the helicopter was too busy and couldn't come so we were pretty excited when they announced that it was on it's way!
It flew a few circles around us then made it's landing. The kids got to look inside and sit in the seats until it had to leave on another rescue mission. (We're all about "to the rescue" at our house right now thanks to Wild Kratts and Superman.)
Thus ended our date day in. Looking back it wasn't much, but it was still fun to set everything else aside and focus solely on my boys and making them extra happy for the day.
And because I know you're all wondering about the date night out... it pretty much went like this...
Plus a little Piano Man, Frozen, Aretha Franklin, and so forth. I can confidently say that my nerves about karaoke were successfully put at ease and the ice between me and karaoke has been broken haha.









No comments:
Post a Comment