12.31.2016

out with the delightfully old...

How do I best log away 2016? How do I give it the goodbye it deserves? This year has been absolutely lovely. And crazy. And way full of exhausting fun.

We started the year with our last semester at BYU. Todd graduated with his Masters in Business Administration and what a couple of years it was. We all stayed very busy, grew bunches, and I was extremely proud of Todd for his hard work... towards his MBA and preparing to start his PhD this fall.


On graduation day Todd and I also celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! Five whole years of wedded bliss! We got to celebrate kid free for a week in the Yucatan Peninsula. We had a great time adventuring around and eating some pretty dang good food.





Before we left for Mexico, however, we celebrated Calvin's first birthday! He's grown up so stinkin' much since April and its hard to believe he was ever that little one year-old. Nowadays he's running around the house chatting up a storm and before we know it he'll be a big brother!

Image may contain: 1 person, baby and outdoor

Very, very shortly after our trip we sent Todd off to Georgia to start his summer consulting job. The boys and I packed up the moving truck and with the help of grandpa Barfuss, aunt Marysa, and thankfully daddy we made the drive across the country to our summer home. We loved our time in Savannah! We got to go on all sorts of little adventures all summer long.









Before we knew it the summer came to a close and we found ourselves packing up once more to move to North Carolina where we plan on staying for the next five years. Todd started his PhD program and worked his tail off. The first--and supposedly hardest--semester was indeed hard. But we made it! In the process we also made lots of chocolate chip cookies, pies, and new and wonderful friends.


2016 really has been full of proud moments, fun moments, crazy times, and the brightest of highlights. Maybe the brightest of them all being the news of baby girl joining our family in 2017! We've got less than three months until this wee babe makes her appearance and we're getting pretty excited!


So here's to the new year! I love new beginnings full of fresh goals and strong motivation. I'm looking forward to making 2017 another year to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment