We begin last Saturday morning at 7:00am. Why do I do things like wake up at seven on a Saturday? Oh yeah probably because I was about to have a lovely few hours with the boyfriend... something I wish I could do more of. After a few errands [Macey's being one to pick up more bananas] it was time to eat something delicious. We pulled up virus-shark and hippy friday-ed to Jack Johnson while we concocted some super tasty banana waffles. I didn't burn a single one! Next time, however, I think I'll add another mush of banana to the batter... and maybe some cinnamon or nutmeg-ness.
After waaah-ffles we went on a Saturday adventure--as usual--to Pioneer Park. Every Saturday they have a cute little farmer's market where all sorts of people can bring there talents to sell or just show off. My favorite was probably the hippies, they were everywhere! I LOVED it!! They were the ones with the yoga/massage/oil/incense booths. If a booth wasn't being run by a hippy there was most likely either a farmer still in his overalls selling fresh produce, a friendly Mexican man with barrels of delicious horchata, or a YW's group selling their crafts from this weeks mutual activity to raise money for girls camp. Overall, there was a large array of cool stuff... not to mention the VW car show that Todd got beyond excited about. If anything though... go for the free Reinier cherry sample. They're delicious. [p.s. this little yoda man was from the specialized pinata booth!]
11] practice the piano.
I don't know if I can necessarily check this one off the list. But Sunday night Dallin--roommate of Todd--wanted to find a piano and sing some hymns. Somehow I got roped into playing and slaughtered all but about a measure from the whole night. It was good practice... I guess... except it was more of a 2x4 in between the eyes telling me that I need to practice more.
Check and FAIL. About two weeks ago I got two plantains that were supposed to fulfill my plantain frying craving. Instead when I put them in the hot oil they died... and turned into black slimy slug 'nana chunks. I ate one, Todd ate one, and Michelle almost ate half of one followed by sickee noises that you would hear from a 5 year-old eating squash. I will not be defeated just yet... I will master the plantain before the summer is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment