We have a tradition in my family where every fall during General Conference we take a drive into the mountains and look at all the pretty colors. When I was in elementary school my mom would make us get our hairs all pretty and put on matching sweaters so we could take family pictures in the woods. I remember once when I was probably in fourth grade we turned onto a really sketchy dirt road--the kind of roads that house evil witches--and ended up driving down a cliff thing and like landing in a cow field and then resorting to taking down a fence so we could get out... it was pretty savage... and scary. But we got some cool pictures out of it... like this one in the abandoned school bus...
A winner, huh? Haha anyways... since I have not been home during fall conference for about three years I thought it would be a fun little tradition to start with Todd. So, the day before conference I threw together a picnic dinner and we drove the Alpine Loop to see what we could find. Unfortunately it was later in the day so there were lots of shadows [next year we'll go in the middle of the day with all of the sunshine] but it was still a very lovely drive. It's not very often that I get Todd all to myself for extended amounts of time so I really, really enjoyed myself.

Y'all are so cute and I am very happy for y'all :)
ReplyDelete