7.05.2011

84] successfully plan a wonderful wedding.

Wonderful can't even describe the outcome of mine and Todd's wedding day about two and half months ago. Everything panned out exactly like I'd ever dreamed. 


We got married in the Logan Temple on Friday, April 22, 2011. However, before the big day there was of course lots of prep. Besides the actual marriage stuff we spent almost all of the Thursday before just packing, cleaning, and moving out, and finally made our way to Logan that evening to meet up with my family. I'm not really sure what you're supposed to do with your groom-to-be the evening before your wedding... but we had fun watching America's Funniest Home Videos while my sister did my nails. Eventually it was time for Todd head out and he drove out to Preston for the night. I slept on a pull out mattress and like I usually do when I'm excited or anxious, I woke up every hour in fear that I would sleep in and miss my own wedding ceremony. Luckily this didn't happen... and my sisters and I spent the morning doing hair, make up, and all sorts of fun'n'girly things. 


Marysa and Emily were awesome all day.


This is when everything started to work out perfectly. We left for the temple just in time and got the pictures I wanted before the ceremony... a.k.a. this one... (thanks, Autumn, for the cute idea!)


I think he may have liked was he was seein'.


We even got to sit together before the ceremony and enjoy being alone before the hectic day actual started. Better yet, Todd's grandparents has some sort of wardrobe malfunction that let us spend even more time alone before the ceremony. I think they still feel bad about it- haha -but hey, I didn't mind at all! (: After a short wait (in the temple that is) we finally got married! After a 1+ year of courtship we were finally there! The ceremony was wonderful and our sealer gave us some very lovely advise about marriage. Afterwards we met up with all of our family outside the temple in the beautiful sunshine (it stormed and stormed and stormed the day before) to take pictures. We're all accustomed to this part... pictures and more pictures... even if you're just a second cousin to the groom's father. 




Then of course we took bride'n'groom photos... which I really enjoyed. (:








After pictures was the luncheon provided by Todd's parents and the Zipfs. The food was delicious and the company was a lot of fun. 



We then got more time to ourselves as we drove to Pocatello for the reception later that evening. When we arrived my family sat us down and told us to relax while they finished up setting up the reception. I was a little hesitant about this because I am really good at micromanaging and I wanted to go "supervise" the setting up of the decor and such. But that would have been silly... so I didn't! and Todd and I ate pizza and watched basketball until the reception. Awesome, huh? The next item on the agenda was the reception... another much anticipated event. We arrived early for family pictures and so I could check out all the cool decorations that I had been hearing about from my mom and sisters for months. Everything looked wonderful! 



Aren't these silhouettes fun?? Marie did them for us. (: 

Aren't my parents cute? (:

Barfuss Family

Hall Family

No, they're not twins.


It was seriously the cutest little reception that I had ever seen! I couldn't have asked for anything better! Thank you to everyone that helped set up and take down! (: After standing in line for 2 hours- it really wasn't that bad -we finished off the evening with tasty cake (it was also a beautiful cake), bouquet throwing (which apparently I can't do), dancing, cleaning off the car, and Denny's... because we know how to celebrate. (:


A huge thanks to the mystery table that paid for our meal!


And now we're married... and so happy. 

2 comments:

  1. It cracks me up y'all went to Denny's....I would have paid for it as well haha. These photos are so cute, I wish we could have made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cute post. I am so glad you enjoyed your day and I will be sure to tell my dad that you didn't mind that he was late.

    ReplyDelete