As you can imagine, we have had a lot to celebrate in the last 8 (really 9 by now) months. From birthdays and holidays flying left and right... to babies rolling over and sitting up and not blowing out their diapers. Obviously the arrival of a healthy and happy Peter was a huge celebration but since you've read all about that event we can move on to the many other reasons that we have to be happy... and celebrate with treats. Yum.
We start off with my baby sister, Emily, and her mad singing and dancing skills. She starred in the high school musical, The Wizard of Oz, as Dorothy. Luckily someone... cough cough um allowed?... video taped one of the shows so I got to see it. She has a beautiful voice and did such a great job!
My other sister also has reason to be beautiful and awesome... Marysa, or should I say Sister Barfuss, got her mission call! She will be serving in San Diego, CA and reports to the MTC on April 17th! We are very excited for her! (:
As any normal set of 8 months... there have been lots of holidays. Starting with Halloween... we dressed up as Han Solo, Princess Leia, and a little ewok baby. We didn't win any awards at our ward party but we totally could have had the judges been a little more educated about Star Wars as we are Todd is.
We also went to a Halloween party at a friends house (Rangers fans, woops) and couldn't help but go as Giants fans since they had just won the World Series for the second time in 3 years. (:
A week or so later Grandma Lisa and Grandpa Wes came to visit us! Peter had his baby blessing while they were here and they got some much needed Peter time.
December was packed with ,many reasons to celebrate. We started off the month with our very first donut day! I don't know how my mom does it. Of course she does have a bigger kitchen and appropriate donut making supplies... but she makes like 500 donuts! I only made maybe 60 and was totally wiped out by the end of the day. They were delicious though... so worth it. Dang, I could go for some right now... hmm....
After donut day Todd left for Houston and Peter and I flew out to Idaho for a few weeks to celebrate Christmas with both our families.
While we were there I had a lovely birthday... the big 23!
p.s. the cake was amazing... so amazing I could probably get up right now and go make another one. Maybe not if I'm already considering making donuts though... oh the decisions that torment my life.
We also took a trip to Logan and Salt Lake while we were in the area to visit family and attend the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert. Peter got to meet his great-grandma and great-grandpa Preece which was very cool... he is the first great grandchild!
I don't think I have a single picture from the Mo-Tab concert through the rest of our vacation... not even any events that happened at the Halls! I did nab this one at Temple Square though... Keith, Courtney, Lucy, and soon-to-show-up Annabelle joined us for the afternoon. (:
And here she is! Annabelle Kae... what an absolute sweetheart! Can't wait to meet her! We now have two whole nieces. (:
Fast forward a few days to January 19th... Todd turns 25! Woah! We celebrated with some extra hearty donut pancakes for breakfast, a 3 mile run that was glorious, and some good ol' homestyle fried chicken. Not to mention the homemade Ben'n'Jerry's Dave Matthew's Band Magic Brownie ice cream... seriously people, I just kinda go over board for birthdays.
The next holiday in line was Valentine's day... and it was a hit, thank you Todd for the extra love!
I didn't get any photos from St. Patrick's day but we did spend part of it at my friends house eating delicious reuben sandwiches. You can read about our crazy fun time here.
Here we are at last... April 2013. Easter was last weekend and it was Peter's first of course. He decided to get up at 6am on Easter Sunday so he helped the Easter bunny with his or her duties hiding Easter eggs. Here we are the evening before dying eggs.
And yeah that's kind of a smattering of pictures from the last 9 months of our lives. We've had plenty of ups and downs but we are still having fun and learning a lot. Fortunately we are still able to keep Peter fed, changed, and bathed so I'd say it has been a success so far.
As for the happenings of the next 8 months... I will make no guarantees as to how updated you will be. (:











No comments:
Post a Comment