Valentine's Day is one of my most favorite of all the holidays. Even when I was single I enjoyed giving out valentines, eating bunches of treats (of course), and finding little ways to show those around me that I cared for them. Now that I'm not single I'm having even more fun treating my husband like the king that he is to me.
This year we get to stretch out our Valentine's Day celebration since Mr. H (hahahaha... get it? Reba?? haha) is out of town until tomorrow. We are planning on attending our Village's--yes, we technically live in a village--"Death by Chocolate" competition. Can't wait! Man, being married to Todd has turned me into a real deal chocolate lover! So yeah, who wants to babysit for us?? K, seriously though... it's moments like this that I wish I lived next to my mother. Her and my dad love each other tons but let's face it... she'd take an evening with little Peter over my dad any day, right?? ;)
Whatev, we'll find someone. So Todd is in Reading, Pennsylvania doing a "go-live" and doesn't come back until tomorrow evening. How safe is it that I just put that information on the internet?? Anywho... just don't tell any crazy people. Fortunately my husband is absolutely wonderful and he has been spoiling me for days already. First of all, his very existence just makes my little heart go pitter patter all day long as I await is arrival evening after evening. So really that's enough but since he is super extra wonderful he does other super sweet things too. Yesterday after dealing with a very grumpy baby I wasn't in the best of moods... until I got a very lovely card in the mail... that was in Spanish of course and it completely made my day. Then later on someone showed up at our house with a delivery. Now let me set the scene for this moment... we live in an upstairs corner apartment and in order to even get into the stairwell you have to be "buzzed" in. This pleasant buzz comes out of little box hidden behind our lip gloss stained garage sale lamp shade... it is loud, frightening, and could wake a sleeping baby from 3 miles away. So when it's dark out and you're alone and that buzz fills your apartment during a quiet moment... you're lucky if you don't have to change your pants once you deal with whoever is at your door during the forsaken hour of 6 p.m. So, that is what happened while I was ever so lightly snacking on Valentine's treats. I answered the door--after hiding the bag of conversation hearts and M&M's so whoever it was didn't think I was a complete fatty--and it was a kind delivery man with a bouquet of red, pink, and white tulips. Somebody loves me! A lucky girl I am indeed. After that moment I figured I'd just treat yesterday like it was actually the 14th and made some chocolate dipped cinnamon bears (you have to try it!). Unfortunately... like super unfortunately, I melted too much chocolate so I had to dip a variety of other foods into the chocolate as to not waste the deliciousness. Probably ended up being the worst part of my day... maha. Luckily I got sugared out pretty fast and obviously went to bed feeling a little guilty for indulging in the large amounts of chocolate... or melted chocolate flavored almond bark. Same thing. Pretty pathetic, nonetheless, haha.
So that was my February 13th... now for my real February 14th. So far it has been just as lovely. Peter has been a gem (as soon as I typed that Peter woke up from his nap, I kid you not) and someone named Shari sent me her berries... baha jk Todd sent me chocolate covered strawberries from a business called Shari's Berries. They came to the door as I was having a chocolate covered banana leftover from last night's events (Give me a break! I have to eat like 3000 calories a day to keep up w/ exercising and breastfeeding!) Anyway... we're not talking sissy berries here... these are some fancy shmancy chocolate covered strawberries with nuts and white chocolate and little mini chocolate chips and oh man... a whole lot of delicious! I've eaten two of the twelve... you're more than welcome to come over and help me finish them... and the cinnamon bears... and bananas... and sugar cookies (yeah I haven't mentioned those yet, have I). I should mention that Peter also got a cute little card from Grandma Lisa and Grandpa Wes in the mail today that he was actually very interested in until he realized he couldn't quite eat it. Thanks guys!
So here we are now... about two hours away from bedtime when I will put Peter to bed and spend my evening with American Idol and The Wedding Planner on ABC Family. I may be on my own this evening but I feel very loved and I am so blessed to have people in my life that love me despite my flaws. I really hope that I can reciprocate that love and be a good friend, mother, sister, daughter, and most importantly the wife my husband deserves.
Happy Valentine's Day, I ♥ YOU all!
No comments:
Post a Comment