Hang in there my dedicated readers (haha), I'm almost caught up with blogging about December's festivities! Only one more post after this one, I promise!
Our next activity for the month after Christmas cards, donut day, and scentsy partying would be my 24th birthday. Yep, 24. Guuhhhh. I don't know why the number 24 seems so much older than 23, but it does. 23 didn't seem terribly older than 22 so I don't know what the deal is. I think it mostly comes from a certain apartment of gentlemen that were 24 when I moved into the ward way back when. They had some calculation to determine just how young they could date around.... their age/2 +7 or something like that. Whatever the equation was, my age was the exact result so I was pretty excited to be just old enough to date these guys even though I thought they were "kinda old" haha. And now I'm the one that is 24! I'm kinda old!
Anyway, my birthday was nice. I got to go to the Chocolate House with my friend Amber and her two sweet girls which was fun and delicious, of course. Later on once Todd got home we went to the new Mexican restaurant in town (it's okay, just throwing that out there), opened presents, and ate pie (tart?) and ice cream.
The traditional Barfuss cake and presents picture.

y. u. m.
So how do I really feel about being 24? Pretty good... I mean I'm happy and healthy and I have a wonderful husband and adorable son that is goofier than heck. Here's to hoping some things never change, even if I do get older. Cause gosh, next year I'll be 25! Let's just not even think about that.
That pie loooks DELISH. And, haha....if you think 24 is old, wait till you're pushing 28!!! I'm practically 30 which is practically middle-aged! :(
ReplyDelete