Now that the snow has fallen and autumn is on it's way out the door it's about time I share a few ton of pictures from our visit to the pumpkin patch last month. Ever since discovering the small pumpkin patch on the way to Walmart a few years ago I have developed a love for going to pumpkin patches. Something about all of the seasonal festiveness and lack of spooky traditional Halloween stuff and thousands of pumpkins just speaks to my heart. Growing up the "pumpkin patch" was the over-sized cardboard box of pumpkins sitting outside of the Winco entrance. Don't get me wrong, I loved going to Winco the Monday evening before Halloween and picking out my very own pumpkin to either smother with acrylic paint or carve a surprised circle face out of, both signature pumpkins of my childhood self. (: Just throw a pumpkin patch into the mix and now I get totally pumped! An excitement I hope to pass on to my kiddos. This year we took Peter to Jaker's Jack-O-Lanterns out in Springville and it was so great! Perfect for our little guy and really, I'd say we all had a lovely time. (: Here are some all of the highlights...
The hay bale tower! Peter had a blast climbing to the very top...
...even though it meant getting scratchy hay down his diaper resulting in bum itching all evening. Haha poor kid.
The slide was also a hit, well mostly the platform above it (aka a box car roof). I know, super safe.
Bleating like a sheep, one of his many talents.
Tractor riding! We saw so many pumpkins and cars! And Emily got sneezed on by the kid next to her, that was pretty hilarious.
Clearly the kid didn't see her there... cause guys, she's 'squatch.
Peter caught on to the technique behind mastering the kid maze pretty fast... just follow the tall kid in front of you! Works every time.
Todd's doppelganger for the evening. Hey, it's either this furry fellow or a 40 year-old man.
And the best moment of the evening... pumpkin picking!
Everybody got one, even baby. (:
Happy fall to you, from all four of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment