11.02.2014

meet the frankensteins.

Happy Day of the Dead my spooky friends! I hope you all had a fun holiday full of tricks and treats! This year we got to go to quite a few fun parties to celebrate the very important and symbolic holiday that is Halloween. But really, why do we make such a huge deal out of Halloween? I mean, it's fun... at least I like it. But importance and symbolism? I'll go look that one up. Anyhow... this year, having a toddler and all, we were really racking up the party invites. Pre-school, friends in the ward, the MBA program... the list goes on! ;) We should have just stayed in full costume for two weeks! Alas, we didn't. And this is why...


'Cause we'd scare the heck out of everyone! Haha just kidding, we're the friendly Frankensteins. Not the short tempered ones that hate fire and throw people off of buildings without a second thought. So don't worry, we're practically harmless. Although we did win a "scariest costume" award. Sweet! I mean... scary!



We had a great time at our ward party last weekend. We live in a ward with only about 15 primary age kids (9 of which are in nursery) so instead of being lots of fun because there were kids running ammuck we had fun because of the great company, food, and games. My favorite being... the Donut Chomp! Of course my donut loving groom (thee monster of Dr. Frankenstein of course) hopped into the first qualifying round. He did pretty well too and barely lost to Mr. Leonardo next to him.



Peter also had a fun time chomping donuts... as well as every piece of candy corn he could find. Talk  about a sugar rush! I was surprised though that he controlled his love for donuts (taking after his father, clearly) during the game and he waited to cheat and cram the whole thing in his mouth until after I said "go"... now that's some self control! Haha at least for a 2 year-old.



I should mention that Peter also took second, way to go son! (:

A couple other little parties we had fun at were Peter's pre-school party where we played spooky games and ate spooky treats as well as his friend, Aaron's, party where we ate delicious cookies and sipped apple cider while the kids played and practiced their sharing. Hey, what do you expect when you put a bunch of 2-3 year-olds that are all oldest children in the same room with some sweet toys? The "sharing practicing" is just inevitable. (:



The next party we had a great time at was the MBASA Halloween party! This party was awesome for Peter. He doesn't really get what is going on yet with holidays so really we could have totally skipped over Halloween. But since we I like dressing up and we Todd likes the chocolate (okay I do too haha) we indeed did not skip Halloween this year. But... like I said... Peter doesn't know what is going on so some of the Halloween traditions would have gotten passed up had this super MBASA party not taken care of them for us. (: Anyhow, this party was perfect for our 2 year-old because he got to dress up a little, play games, and go trick-or-treating all in one location. Spot on!


He really was the cutest little mad scientist trick-or-treater. It took him a few times to get what was happening but Todd was a great coach. (:



Besides becoming an expert trick-or-treater Peter also got to go on a tractor ride...


do a spooky craft...


and most importantly, eat treats. He basically dominated the donut chomp again. Via cheating of course.


He also won a cupcake! What a lucky kid!


He even shared his winnings with his monster. (:


And that was our Halloween! Fully equipped with costumes, candy, parties, jack-o-lanterns, and another World Series title. Who could ask for more? ;)



Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment