It's 2007 (I'm pretty sure) and Todd's older brother, Keith, has returned from his mission and made his way back to BYU. Todd is currently on his mission and won't get back for a year-ish. Keith moved into an apartment at Campus Plaza, that place above what is now Craig's Cuts and Slab. I don't remember what used to be down there but nowadays that's usually how we describe the superduper place that is Campus Plaza to Provo dwellers. So yeah Keith lived there and so did a girl named Autumn. They became friends, they gave each other dating advice, they sat on Berk and ate cake together deep into the night. Autumn even accompanied Keith and his almost fiance when he introduced her to his family. Basically Autumn became a part of the family. I'm pretty sure my mother-in-law hoped that Autumn would marry one of her four sons. Anyhow. Keith did indeed marry said almost fiance, Courtney, and they moved across (in the middle of, really) the parking lot. Autumn stayed in the ward and I moved in spring of 2009. I got to know her and Keith and their friend group and a few months later Todd moved into the ward. Fast forward a couple of semesters and Todd and I are basically dating and Autumn has also met a nice young man. We all eventually got engaged to our chosen sweethearts and she got married a semester ahead of us... then she lived with me! Haha gotcha there! Really though, her and Devin got married then he had a crazy internship and she had to finish school so she moved in with me! It was great!
So yeah that's the back story... these guys aren't just "college friends." They're like family. Is that tacky? It's basically true.
Autumn and Devin have been living in Atlanta for the last few years. We never had plans to visit them while we were in Utah but once we found ourselves down the road in Savannah we knew it had to happen. Fortunately we caught them before they left on their summer adventures and we had a grand old time catching up and eating awesome food. A simple equation that always = a good time.
Of course on the way we had to stop for some bacon barbeque in Macon! (ahhh I crack myself up)
Like I said... we ate good food. This Jerusalem bakery was one of them and wow... not only was it delicious, it was beautiful. I know this picture doesn't do it justice but trust me, my little wanderlusting-wannabe-heart was going crazy.
We also made it to the Georgia Aquarium... the biggest in the world!
I mean heck, they had a HUGE tank with multiple manta rays and whale sharks. It was incredible.
Another fun eatery was Marietta Diner. Featured on Diners, Drive-Inns, and Dives... this place has everything. Seriously you can order anything at any time of day. We had a late evening and didn't eat dinner until about 10pm and I coulda ordered cold cereal if I wanted.
I should also mention how much I love Autumn and Devin's home. It was so welcoming and I love the way Autumn has personalized each room.
Monday morning we had breakfast at a French bakery. Again, wow.
And Marietta Square... a very charming little place.
Our visit ended with the Giants losing to the Braves. An embarrassment really... I mean the Braves are so bad this year. But hey we all have our can't-hit-a-stinkin'-ball days.
I should also mention that is was 90 piping degrees. Wheww! The boys did incredibly well though as long as we kept the snacks and water coming.
Thee burger of the stadium. They used to only sell a couple dozen starting at 10pm... now you can order a couple dozen for yourself if you'd like. You won't need to though. They've got two patties and a really really good bun that'll fill you up. Not to mention their fries with homemade ketsup. 'Nough said, guys.
Thanks for the extra fun weekend!

















No comments:
Post a Comment