6.30.2010

9] throw a sweet party.

Monday night was my ward's summer term opening social. Kind of silly because it's the middle of summer and really almost everyone knows each other... but there are a few new faces sooo why not throw an opening social. Plus they are the easiest to plan... dinner and dessert for 140, location, 30 flyers, etc. No big deal, right? Well kinda, the last ward social we had there were some false communications going around ["Hey Katelyn, you only need to buy enough food for 100."] and the night did not end up how I would have liked. This time I decided everything was going to go perfectly. That being the goal, we had a lot of small details to remember. I even delegated this time! The evening arrived quickly and I was feeling pretty good as everyone started showing up. The short yet sweet night went along very nicely, everyone seemed to have a good time and there was enough delicious food to go around two or even three times. As the festivities came to an end, my man friend needed to leave for the mountains as usual... so I walked him to his manly jeep and he said, "You threw a sweet party tonight, Katelyn." He said that!! and I said something like, "That's on my list!! My list of stuff to do this summer!" So there you have it... apparently it turned out as planned. I even came out of it with a sweet prize for our Supa-Mega Cherry Pie for "Best Presentation!" Believe it or not but it was my first pie I had ever ever ever produced! (:  Anyways, thanks to my wonderful committee for all their help in making everything run well, you all deserve a high five and a Klondike bar.


It was in better shape during the judging, don't worry.


This is the remains of Michelle's fudge apple pie that took "Best Tasting." Our apartment is basically over-flowing with champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment