104] do the valley a favor and find the best hot dog stand: Contestant #5
Alright friends, I'm thinking this is the last contestant of the summer. I have had a lot of hot dogs in the last four months... in and out of the competition and I don't need another until 2015. So... Kranky Franks is our last contestant and hails from Springville, Utah. This little dog shop is run by John and Taffy Dangerfield, two BYU grads. Again we brought Marysa with us and we even had my cousin Tanner on the panel this time... both of them were a little homeless for the time being so we thought we'd take them "sight seeing."

At Kranky Franks we all got "the danger dog" -a polish dog- with a wide variety of toppings including Chicago relish, Beaver mustard, and their "special sauce." Throughout the duration of our visit we chatted with John and we quickly discovered that Kranky Franks has quite the rivalry with Jdawgs, especially since Jay, Jdawgs owner, is from Springville. Fortunately John was a great sport... and didn't forget to mention that Kranky Franks won "best dog" of the year award in Utah County. So about the actual dog... like lets get down to it...
Pros: the atmosphere was a lot of fun and the fake noodle dogs everywhere were interesting and unique. I also appreciated the Beatles poster on the wall and the encouragement that the bathroom provided.
As for the food... I always love me some sweet potato fries. Seriously why don't I buy those when I go grocery shopping? Ohhh it's cause Todd doesn't like them, that's okay though cause then they're more of a treat for me. (: The fry sauce that they served with the fries was also pretty good, a lot more spice than Lomito's special fry sauce, I haven't decided if I liked it more though. Lastly I enjoyed the different toppings offered... sweet relish is always a win and Beaver sauce--that Todd LOVED--was also really tasty.
Cons: the bun was less than satisfying, it took too much saliva to break it down. The dog wasn't necessarily a con... but it wasn't amazing. Really that's it though, overall it was a very enjoyable dog.
And that's all folks... we've had our share of dogs and soon we'll reveal the dog of all dogs. So don't go too far.
You drove all the way to Springville for kranky franks and forgot to stop by my place and say hello!!!! WHAT!!!!!!
ReplyDeletejk. Glad you enjoyed your kranky frank.