2.16.2013

17. be cool like my old bosses and have a Chobani for lunch.

The story behind this to-do comes from a couple years ago when I worked for the Marriott School at BYU as a receptionist. Two of my bosses almost always had a "Chobani" for lunch. This was before Greek yogurt became trendy [in Utah that is... because we all know Utah is usually a little behind] so really I had no idea what it was. I thought it was something super fancy that only "bosses" could afford and stuck it on my list thinking it would be a luxurious moment for me once I tried it. 

Whilst grocery shopping this week I broke the bank [$1.27... phew!] and finally treated myself to a black cherry Chobani and broke it open for lunch on Valentine's Day. I'm a party animal, I know.

Now, I've tasted plain Greek yogurt and at the time I felt like I was eating a spoonful of sour cream... not a delicious yogurt from the gods as expected. The "mix in" [if only I had been eating a Culver's concrete mixer] of black cherry did not help this poor yogurt's case. I love the black cherry Dannon Light'n'Fit that I usually get so I figured this would taste pretty similar. Pretty much I felt like I was eating a spoonful of sour cream... swirled with black cherry yogurt. Whahdoyakno!

It was okay, I'm not a huge fan though. Especially after seeing the state that the yogurt was in before mixing the yogurt and fruit. It looked very comparable to a carton of sour cream that hadn't been opened in a week and needed mixing... all watered down and close to unpleasant.

Conclusion: Chobani, or just Greek yogurt in general, is in all actuality sour cream packaged in an appealing stout container with a nationality change.

How many times do you think I can manage
to post a picture of my v-day flowers?? (:

3 comments:

  1. Chobani is weird, try Zoi or Greek Gods greek yogurt. Tastes nothing like that, but amazingly creamy and dessert-y! My favorite is the Honey flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions! I was actually hoping that I would like the Chobani and I was pretty bummed when I didn't... not like "ruin my day" bummed but it definitely put a damper on my lunch. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha...I actually said to Patrick like three days ago while eating a Chobani..."Ya know I feel like I'm eating a tub of sourcream mixed with jam." So, yep I hear ya! At least I don't eat like 3 yogurts a day now! Cause it's not tasty enough to be that tempting. But, it is much better mixed with almonds. And, the Dannon greek yogurt, Oikos, tasted a little better when we had a sample.

    ReplyDelete