As you may or may not have found out from my previous post, I was let down by a really good friend a few weeks back. His name is chocolate and he came to me in the form of Choffee (brewed cacao beans). I was very excited to see him... it had been so long since we had spent quality time together (not really haha maybe 12 hours, tops). I had never experienced this good friend in brewed form so initially I was thrilled, yet nervous, that he had yet an additional form that I could consume him in. Sadly, he did not taste like I had hoped and I was sorely disappointed (no offense, Melisa! My husband likes it enough for the both of us!). Yes, my husband loves the Choffee... you could say it is most definitely his "cup of tea." Fortunately, my little teacup made a new friend yesterday at Sjolinds Chocolate House right here in Mount Horeb. Sorry Choffee, we're just not meant for each other.
I visited this little chocolate house last summer for the first time with some fellow Mt. Horeb folk, Amber and Maren. I treated myself to a delicious cinnamon roll, one of many delicious looking and tasting treats sold at this Norwegian based shop. It was a very hot day and I was very pregnant so hot chocolate was the absolute last thing on my mind. However, I had heard from multiple resources that their cocoa a la hot was thee best thing to get on a cold winter day, especially a cold Wisconsin winter day. Today was one of those days. Fresh snow from overnight was blowing every which direction and the wind chill resulted in negative temperatures. Now, let me go on a little tangent here...
I don't necessarily like the super cold but I can handle it... especially after growing up in Idaho and going to school in Provo (go cougs!)... both of which included walking to school. That's 8 years of trekking to school in some pretty nasty winters! And it's not even humid there! So yeah I can handle the super cold... but possibly the main reason why I don't like the super cold isn't because it's super cold... it's because of the hot and sweaty ick that overwhelms your body once you get inside and have all of those crazy layers on. Especially when you still have to hike up 4 floors to get to your office... danged Tanner building. Or when you have to wrestle with the car seat and lug it into wherever you're headed. My point is... hot chocolate warms me up (big surprise, right?) and I don't want to drink it if I'm already sweating up a storm. Today, however, was an interesting combo because it was super cold but I didn't bundle up, a very stupid yet very smart decision all at the same time! The tricky transition from the car to the cocoa house was taken care of by my "wise" outfit decision and I did not break a single droplet of sweat. By the time I got inside I was definitely ready for some hot cocoa to warm my soul and toesies. Remember that next time you go out for hot chocolate... don't wear a lot of clothes (haha)! You'll thank me for it! (:
This time I ventured to the chocolate house with Amber, Erika, and all of the kiddos--they're all super cute. (: We took over the kid corner, it's got the coolest of toys, and sipped our various hot drinks and munched on yummy baked goods. My big ol' mug-- or teacup, if you will --was filled to the brim with 16 delicious ounces of Norwegian chocolate blended with peppermint hot cocoa, topped with a thick layer whipped cream. In the words of the wise, and parenting expert, Erika, "You can't come to this place and get an American hot chocolate!" So I didn't, and it was exactly what I needed. I was warmed up quickly and got to hang out with some of my favorite people... what more can you ask for?? Oh I know... another trip to the chocolate house! Let's go again soon, yes?
I visited this little chocolate house last summer for the first time with some fellow Mt. Horeb folk, Amber and Maren. I treated myself to a delicious cinnamon roll, one of many delicious looking and tasting treats sold at this Norwegian based shop. It was a very hot day and I was very pregnant so hot chocolate was the absolute last thing on my mind. However, I had heard from multiple resources that their cocoa a la hot was thee best thing to get on a cold winter day, especially a cold Wisconsin winter day. Today was one of those days. Fresh snow from overnight was blowing every which direction and the wind chill resulted in negative temperatures. Now, let me go on a little tangent here...
I don't necessarily like the super cold but I can handle it... especially after growing up in Idaho and going to school in Provo (go cougs!)... both of which included walking to school. That's 8 years of trekking to school in some pretty nasty winters! And it's not even humid there! So yeah I can handle the super cold... but possibly the main reason why I don't like the super cold isn't because it's super cold... it's because of the hot and sweaty ick that overwhelms your body once you get inside and have all of those crazy layers on. Especially when you still have to hike up 4 floors to get to your office... danged Tanner building. Or when you have to wrestle with the car seat and lug it into wherever you're headed. My point is... hot chocolate warms me up (big surprise, right?) and I don't want to drink it if I'm already sweating up a storm. Today, however, was an interesting combo because it was super cold but I didn't bundle up, a very stupid yet very smart decision all at the same time! The tricky transition from the car to the cocoa house was taken care of by my "wise" outfit decision and I did not break a single droplet of sweat. By the time I got inside I was definitely ready for some hot cocoa to warm my soul and toesies. Remember that next time you go out for hot chocolate... don't wear a lot of clothes (haha)! You'll thank me for it! (:
This time I ventured to the chocolate house with Amber, Erika, and all of the kiddos--they're all super cute. (: We took over the kid corner, it's got the coolest of toys, and sipped our various hot drinks and munched on yummy baked goods. My big ol' mug-- or teacup, if you will --was filled to the brim with 16 delicious ounces of Norwegian chocolate blended with peppermint hot cocoa, topped with a thick layer whipped cream. In the words of the wise, and parenting expert, Erika, "You can't come to this place and get an American hot chocolate!" So I didn't, and it was exactly what I needed. I was warmed up quickly and got to hang out with some of my favorite people... what more can you ask for?? Oh I know... another trip to the chocolate house! Let's go again soon, yes?

No comments:
Post a Comment