Actually this morning it was more like (from the other room), "MOM!! MOOOOOM!!! It's 6:30 and I'm ready to get up and play! MOM!!!" Luckily I'm married to the most marvelous man in the universe and he entertained the child while I slept for 30 more minutes. Once we got moving for the day he was saying things like, "MOM I HATE MY TEETH!! THEY ARE TRYING TO GROW!! AHHHHHH!! I MIGHT DIE!!!" Seriously though, he was TICKED. Again, poor kid. Finally after gnawing the heck out of a teething ring he fell asleep while eating and we both got a long nap in the rocking chair. For anyone that has fallen asleep in a rocking chair... you know how impossibly uncomfortable it can be. The back of the chair is never high enough so no matter what you do you'll always get a crick in your neck by the end of the nap. Ouch. The things we do for our kids... and the things we accidentally do... because falling asleep in that chair was definitely not on purpose. We both woke up an hour and a half later and although Peter felt like a million bucks I felt like I had just slept in a rocking chair for and hour and a half. Oh wait... it's cause I did! Again... ouch. Oh well, at least I got to take a nap, right? (:
![]() |
| Someone looks like an elf in the mornings. |
By then both our fevers had probably hit 102.5 degrees. Call the doctor!! I mean... check the weather! Cause it's time for a walk! Or time to go swimming! Or... I know!!... time for spring to get his behind in gear!!! Yeeeeeahhh (sob sob) please hurry up spring! Please!!
All in good time Katelyn, all in good time. Dang... I only have one small child too... what will I do with myself when I have multiple kids stuck inside?!? We'll cross that ice-covered cold-hearted bridge when it comes.
Luckily our stroll through the park (protect-your-sanity walk) that we planned at 6:30am was on the menu and the weather was looking lovely so we chucked our thermometers, bundled up, and hit the road, Jack! Me in my running gear and Peter in his bear suit, we made a pretty shnazzy and sophisticated looking pair.
Although it was incredibly sunny, it was still only 35 degrees outside. But the sunny-ness is all you really need. The sun to be a shinin' and zero wind. Perfect! We weren't the only ones out and about either... I swear everyone and their dog were out walking... their dogs... wait. Haha. Yeah, lots of people walking their dogs. I'm glad we weren't the only ones taking advantage of the beautiful weather by taking sanity walks. Heaven knows we all needed one.
So there you have it... the treatment for spring fever. Sunshine and walking. There might have been a small breeze hiding around the corners of the tall buildings... and really I could barely feel the warm sun on my cheeks. Instead the sunshine happily bounced off of the untouched blaring white snow attempting to give my face some color. It was lovely. I also enjoyed the little streams of glistening water that seemed to be racing each other down the sidewalks hinting that maybe it wasn't below freezing after all. It could have creeped up to 37! Spring is on it's way, my friends! The cure is coming!!
On the forecast tomorrow? Rain. (:
On the forecast tomorrow? Rain. (:
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment