7.27.2015

a year ago today...

Of all of those things that could have happened, it's hard to believe that a year ago today we loaded up our moving truck and moved across the country.

It was such a hard thing to do. Yet here we are, already a year later... and to our surprise, totally loving Provo.

The other day I was thinking about the future and where in the world our family might settle down. In that moment I saw our family living in Utah Valley. Something that I never thought I'd be okay with. But we've really grown to love the area this time around.

After leaving Mount Horeb I seriously did not think I could love anywhere as much as I loved that adorable little village and the amazing people that lived there.

Tonight we even got to go see a bunch of our Wisconsin friends...

This is maybe a third of everyone there.
Truly, everyone out in Wisconsin was amazing. We were so lucky to get to spend a few years with them.

I don't even want to start thinking about moving again in less than a year.

Here's what I wrote last summer when we were about move...

"In less that ten days we will be all packed up and well on our way to Utah. Going in the opposite direction of so many things that I have come to love dearly... yet heading straight for so many people and familiar places that I also love and am excited to be close to for a couple of years. Fortunately we've had a lot of really fun things to keep us busy this summer so we haven't had to dwell too much on the fact that we'll be peacing out soon. Unfortunately our last "fun thing" (also known as Auntie Callie- thank you thank you thank you for coming to see us!) left yesterday so it's go time. Time to really pack. Time to really start thinking about saying good bye."

... I have a feeling that come next summer we'll be feeling the same way about leaving Provo. Except that as of now we have no idea where we'll be headed.

Anyway... here's to good people all around the country. How blessed we are to have been able to mingle with the elite of them these last few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment