Of all of these surprise
One of these families is the Scotts. They've been living around these parts for a while now and know all of the ins and outs of Provo. They also contribute a ton to their community. #provorocks
A huge contribution that Brittany Scott has made started ~5 years ago. Her and a handful of other local artists started a monthly forum of sorts called Creative Collaborative. Reason number one (of like a million) as to why she's one of these awesome people that I mentioned. At these Creative Collaborative meetings the speakers (usually other successful local artists and entrepreneurs) share their story as well as little entrepreneurial wisdom nuggets with those in attendance.
Last night's collab featured Elle and Jared Rowley from Solly Baby.
They started in Salt Lake City in 2011 and have since found great success in their business of designing and selling fashionable, light-weight wraps for all of us baby wearing mommas (as modeled by Brittany so perfectly in the photo above).
I was soothing my baby in the back and wasn't able to write anything down but I was seriously inspired by what they shared with us. The collab was videotaped so hopefully I'll be able to add a link for that soon.
Anyhow.
My absolute favorite was when they talked about balancing their business with their family life. Elle said that the whole reason of starting Solly Baby was so she could eventually delegate most of her responsibilities and instead get to spend more time with her three kids.
This was so incredibly refreshing to hear! Over the last year I have been to so many events where I just could not connect with the speakers. They were mostly all power houses that didn't live the lifestyle that I want to live. The lifestyle of climbing the business ladder while simultaneously being a homemaker. Really that's the main reason by being a mother and a business women totally turns me off. It's just not my thing. Too hectic. I already make things hectic enough! Anyway, to each his own. So... hearing a women that is very successful say she didn't want to be over run by work was so nice to hear.
On that note, before the meeting even started Elle and Jared sat down next to me and chatted with me about my boys and how great it was that I was in the homemaking stage of my life. (p.s. auto correct changed homemaking to hibernating. Bahaha.) These guys seriously won me over 100%. Not only do they sell a product that I want to "someday" own (foreshadowing!) but they totally get it! They live their business model and are such genuine and kind people.
Their philosophy from the Solly Baby website:
One, we believe our wraps bring you closer to your little one, physically and emotionally, while simultaneously giving you the freedom and comfort to take on daily life. Secondly, we believe that taking on the role of mother or father does not replace you as an individual, it simply adds to it. Our wraps reflect your personal aesthetic, seamlessly and luxuriously integrating all of the benefits of babywearing and the beauty of still being YOU.
At the end of the night they gave away a Solly Baby bundle to a member of the audience and guess who won?? It was me! Can you even believe it?? I was so excited and my hands wouldn't stop shaking... I could hardly type my email address into her phone haha.
Anyhow. These guys are bomb and I can't wait to use their products. I had to stop wearing Mr. Calvin once the weather heated up because we were both sweating like toaster cheesers while use my other wrap. And I really miss those baby cuddles and the convenience baby wearing provides. Needless to say I'm pretty pumped to have a Solly wrap of my own. (:
Thank you again and again to Elle and Jared for your kind and inspiring words as well as your generosity. I truly left the collab last night feeling so refreshed and inspired to be better. Not in an "I'm not good enough" way but in a confident "there's more that I can do" way.


I love Elle! I followed her blog for before she started her business and she would always sew the cutest clothes for Lucy. Her responses and comments on my blog were always so genuine!
ReplyDeleteProvo seems like the cool place to be now and I'm glad y'all are loving it so much! :)