6.21.2013

2. Visit the zoo... it's free!

Yesterday was absolutely lovely. It was one of Todd's "recovery days" from his long trip so we spent it doing just about everything but recovering. Haha I know I know... I was supposed to confine him to the couch and let him watch Lord of the Rings all day while feeding him double stuff oreos and pastrami on sourdough sandwiches. But I didn't, okay! I said, "Todd, today is your day off. I get to pick what I do pretty much every day... what would you like to do today??" With some suggestions he decided that today would be visit-the-zoo day. Then I added and-go-to-Costco-and-other-errands day to the end of it. (: Hey, if you're in town you gotta take advantage of it, alright! Anyway, off we went. And like I said, it was absolutely lovely. Out of the three of us I was probably the most excited about seeing all of the cool animals... and going to Costco. Where I grew up the zoo had bears, coyotes, and buffalo... so the Henry Vilas Zoo was a real treat. (:

I know my last post had like a bazillion pictures and I don't want to be that lady that turns every post into a facebook picture album with extra long explanations and justifications... but Todd got some really neat pictures and I couldn't help but show off some of my favorites.

















If you live around Madison, and haven't been to the zoo yet, I highly recommend it. As you can see they've got some pretty neat animals and the place isn't too huge so you can check everything out in roughly 2 hours (also nice considering that's what a lot of the parking is limited to around the zoo haha).

Thanks for a great recovery day, Todd!

No comments:

Post a Comment