6.14.2013

thank. flippin'. you.

Okay seriously... thank you. To anyone that I have interacted with in the last 15 days. Thank you. From the top of my sane heart. Thank you again and again and again. Thank you! I could not have made it through these last two weeks without all of your kindness and hospitality.

Thank you Erika for being pregnant so I could come to your house and paint your chair and accidentally cry in front of everyone because I was already sick with missing Todd. cough... an hour after he left.


Thank you Shay, Michael, and Maggie for being in the junior high's musical so I could get out and relive some high school memories of my own. You guys were a lot of fun to watch-- two thumbs up!


Come picture uploader, what's with the stretchy thing??

Thank you Costco for existing. 
And for feeding me those yummy samples, thanks for that too.

Hmmm... what else could we get that
 we don't need??
Thank you Jenny for getting older and celebrating with an awesome birthday party. We had a really fun time and I'm pretty sure you need to plan all of my parties for me! (p.s. here are  the videos of the pinata fun that you requested...)



This is not Jenny, this is Megan... although I'm sure she's
had a birthday in the last year or so...  so happy birthday!

Thank you Maggie, Shay, Kari, Chris, Sarah, and anyone else that kept Peter happy and occupied at church while I did singing time. Seriously it made things sooo much easier. Thank you!! 

Thank you Amber for having the sweetest little baby girl and for letting me hold her! Oh! What a doll she is! Thank you for the awesome walker toy too... it has kept Peter entertained for unheard of amounts of time. Woohoo!


Thank you Erika again for letting me hang out with your littles. They are really good at uno...


Thank you Kari for letting Peter and I come over and talk your ear off/make a mess of your house. I loved getting to know you better, you have the sweetest little family and I hope your summer is wonderful!

Thank you Hannah for getting older too... I just love birthdays! Thank you for not hating me for not telling you about the copious amounts of ladies that would see you at the Chocolate House. (:

vegetable pie

Mexican hot cocoa

Thank you Natalie for feeding me a delicious dinner and for letting me hold your sweet little Eli! I hope you're having fun on vacation!

Thank you Jenny and Rachel for giving me some much needed girl time. Much. Needed. And that chocolatey cakey stuff? Yes... thank you for that.

Thank you Mount Horeb for the Summer Frolic, it was lovely. Thank you Mount Horeb Branch for the branch party, it was also a delight.


 

Sooo... do I get some of that??

Thank you Maggie for convincing me to play volleyball at said party. I haven't played in a long time and I can't even describe how much fun I had. Seriously... can we do that at every branch gathering??

Thank you Hannah for having your baby and for letting me come see him! Little Winston has already melted my heart, what a handsome little guy.

Thank you chocolate house, again. Enough said.

Thank you Erika again... but this time for having your baby! Babies everywhere! He is so precious too, keep 'em coming! More natural labor! ;)

Thank you mom, dad, Brennan, and Moo for Skyping me pretty much on demand. Man, I love technology!

Thank you Richard's family for having me over for dinner... your kids are so much fun and I love seeing them outside of primary. Have fun in Canada!

Thank you Dani, Jen, and Wanda for letting me crash your presidency meeting and eat your treats. (:

Thank you mail man for the junk mail, thank you Fedex guy for not buzzing our door and waking up Peter, thank you runner lady for always giving me encouragement on the trail, thank you Sister Barfuss for sending me uplifting emails, thank you scary carny man for also encouraging me on my runs, thank you weather for being not too hot, thank you Bargain Nook granny for telling me the time when I asked where the ties were. (:

Thank you Todd for working sooo incredibly hard this whole time. Thank you Peter for being so incredibly nice to me and easy to live with... and for not teething yet, that was stellar of you as well.

And most of all... thank you Maren, Dave, and Lisi. Oh my heavens you guys... how would I have made it without you?! Thank you for feeding me delicious food like every day, thank you for letting Peter bully your daughter so I could have a break from entertaining him, thank you for checking out Fink's, Schubert's, and the Bargain Nook with me, thank you for watching Peter so I could go running, thank you for watching Peter so I could go to meetings/the store/etc. Thank you for making me fudge. Yummm. Thank you for holding Peter at the branch party so I could play volleyball... seriously my spirits were totally revived after that. Thank you for the endlessly delicious Cafe Rio (I'm still sad it's gone haha). Thank you for letting me chat your ears off with silly and pointless stories that I usually torture Todd with. Thank you for the bumbo tray, the dark cocoa powder, the chocolate chips, the strainer, and anything else I have borrowed... especially the sanity, I'm pretty sure I leeched some of that off you guys too.

Dang, I'm really going to miss you guys... what if your future neighbor doesn't have any sass?? And isn't constantly abusing her neighborly rights?? haha I'm sure you'll deal with it. (:

This happened a lot... daily play dates/wrestling
matches.

At Schubert's trying the pie...
 Peter is chowing a rosette.

The lovely and always smiling Maren with
our rhubarb/apple pies... they were tasty alright!


Fink's... they were just so cute sitting so properly in their
booster seats. Well... Lisi was haha.

I really hope I didn't forget anyone... if I did I'm sorry! Just know Peter and I really did have an enjoyable and quick two weeks all because of you. I am so extremely grateful that the Lord has placed all of you in my life. I am surrounded by wonderful individuals and I can't believe how much my family and I have been blessed by your friendship, examples, and love.

Thank you.

OOOO
(that's a big hug, just for you)

4 comments:

  1. There are plenty of houses in the neighborhood that are hoping to be occupied by some sassy neighbors ;) you just have to convince Todd...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's be real... this isn't about Todd and I buying a house. This is about ensuring that you guys have a sassy neighbor. So that's going to be my main and most important point... "But Todd! They NEED a sassy neighbor!! I fit the role flawlessly!"

      Delete
  2. Reading through your blog posts. Sorry Todd has been traveling. I totally understand your pain and it just isn't fun. Devin traveled three and a half months from November to the end of March this past year and it no matter how much experience you have it never is exactly fun.

    However, those tender mercies do come when it didn't really feel like it would. My job was definitely what I was so so grateful for and I am so happy you have so many great people to surround yourself with to keep you busy! Feel free to call anytime. We can watch the same movie over Netflix or eat dinner together over skype.

    On a less serious note, awesome baby for not teething while Todd is out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that is a lot of travel! Hopefully he isn't gone for that long very often! I don't know how those moms and dads do it who have spouses that are gone for a year at a time... rough stuff.

      Delete