6.18.2011

103] share a tasty snow cone with my husband.

Getting shaved ice today was complete destiny. This tasty event has been on the list since the beginning of the summer so really every time I see a snow cone stand I want to stop and get one. Todd say's I'm obsessed with them (haha)... I say I haven't had one in years! So how could I be, yea? Not to mention he's bias. He confessed to me the other day that he thought snow cones were a waste of time! And honestly after this experience I'd have to agree with him, snow cones are pretty lame compared to this tasty shaved ice business. Anyways, on top of seeing "snow cone" shacks all over town... last night after Marysa, Todd, and I got our Chilean completos and I was totally feeling some shaved ice... BUT (haha, get it?) the shack was closed! Dang. Then, later that evening, after we watched an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives there was a segment on some "how it's made" show about shaved ice! It was taunting me! And it totally knew it!! But we can't stop now... there's more! My buddy Autumn and her husband went and got shaved ice the other day and she blogged about it! For heaven's sake... by then I was really feelin' some shaved ice. 

So today after running a painful 9 miles, moving Marysa into her new apartment, and going to the temple, Todd and I finally hopped on our bikes and rode over to the little Hawaiian shaved ice stand on Canyon Road. It was everything I was hoping for. 


I got a short board tigers blood and strawberry colada and Todd got a short board root beer with a snow cap (which I am totally getting next time p.s.). They were pretty dang big and in the end these little better-than-snow-cone buddies were very refreshing after a hot day... Todd even said we could go back sometime! (:

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to tell me where this snow cone stand is. We went to the one at smith's, but these look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the best aren't they?! Pedro and I ave gone to this stand like 5 times this summer already. It is my absolute favorite. Plus, there customer service is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete