Our judging begins at none other than Wienerschnitzel, a German hot dog joint that has been serving the nation since '61. Upon arrival I was surprised to learn that Wienerschnitzel is like actually a fast food restaurant. Todd new this and has been many times... but I didn't and I was expecting something a little more not-so-fast-food. Luckily I wasn't disappointed! I ordered a classic 100% beef Chicago Dog and Todd got the Polish sandwich (and a 79¢ corn dog, of course). Let me tell you, the Chicago Dog was delicious! Typically I only put sweet relish, ketsup, and maybe some mustard on my dogs but this dog had mustard, sweet relish, 2 tomato slices, chopped onions, two hot peppers, a chunkin' pickle slice, and celery salt. Woah!
Cons: I really really don't like celery salt and the onions were a bit much considering I was on a date with the husband. Luckily, the celery salt was sprinkled on top of the onions, which were also on top, so I just dumped all the yucky-ness off! Good to go!
Pros: I LOVE sweet pickles! And generally they're not the most popular, so when I took the first bite and got that sweet relishy taste I was very impressed. The tomatoes were also a great touch. I've never actually had tomatoes on a dog before (ketsup so doesn't count) but I really enjoyed it. Another pro was the 100% beef... I didn't think I would notice but I definitely did! Basically compared to the $0.50 8-pkg hot dogs at Macey's... this guy was a hit! Or should I say...





I love a story with hot dogs in it. Please write more!
ReplyDelete