Round numero dos is completed... and this time Marysa joined us! She packed herself into the Chrysler boat and moved down here last week all on her own. Here she is sporting her BYU football tee as an actual BYU student. [p.s. she doesn't like this picture... but she also doesn't read my blog, haha.]
So here we are at Lomitos, located across the street from Target in Orem. This little Chilean joint was recommended to us by one of Todd's old Chilean co-workers. Coming from a native we thought it would be pretty legit. This little place sells all sorts of stuff... that I can't really pronounce or translate for you, sorry. But it didn't matter... because I was there for one thing. A completo. Why a completo? Because of this divinely inspired production:
Turns out three completos for three dollars is a dang good deal considering ours were about 5 bucks a pop. But... theirs were nude dogs... ours were clothed in the most delicious of delicious toppings.
And said toppings were... avocado, mayo, kraut (not included on the completo italiano that Marysa and Todd got), and diced tomatoes. Add a homemade bun to all of that and you've got yourself a delicious Chilean completo.
As you can see, this thing was huge! Almost longer than Todd's hands and Marysa's face... holy hot dog!
| [Todd's hands.] |
| [Marysa's face.] |
Cons: Yeah it was huge... but it was a whole lot of tasty so I can't complain too much. Because of it's massive-ness there was a lot of mayo and avocado on the top, almost too much. I am a huge fan of avocado though so if I had to choose I would cut back on the mayo. Lastly, I wasn't extremely impressed with the actual meat of the dog. I was expecting a little more spice.
Pros: can the whole dog be the pro?? This thing was incredible, almost as incredible as the time that Todd threw up 4 liters of water. The avocado-- and yes there was an entire avocado on there-- was awesome. Just like the 'matoes on my Chicago dog, the avocado was new and successful. I was also a big fan of the sauerkraut... but more for the texture than the taste. Another excellent bonus was the different sauces that our kind waiter man shared with us. One was some sort of finely ground-up spicy relish (I guess I did end up getting my spice fix) and the other was their sweet-homemade-secret-ingredient fry sauce. Those sauces with all of the fun ingredients on top of the homemade bun and I'd say this dog definitely has a shot at bringing home the gold.
This was before the dog... very happy and very hungry. Oh and still very in love.
No comments:
Post a Comment